Reporting to the Director of Digital & Technology, the Sr. Principal DevOps Software Engineer will be responsible for the technology strategy on DevOps, Cloud computing techniques on development for CBRE products. This role requires a hands-on technologist with roll-up sleeves attitude along with leading multiple agile teams
- Collaborate with a global team of engineers in a highly agile DevOps environment, focused on efficient operation of daily activities, developer productivity and continuous improvement of the framework.
- Identify and drive opportunities to simplify and leverage the existing frameworks/tools and resources across the technology organization.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of CICD frameworks, andtools development to support hybrid environment (Cloud, On premise) with a vison to achieve âCICDâ objectives for large-scale integration of systems in order to reduce manual build and deploy efforts.
- Work with geographically dispersed teams including multi-vendor into Scrum teams to meet âCICDâ objectives faced by todayâs corporations
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and utilize scalable open source projects, make suggestions to upper management to properly align technology with business goals
- Collaborate with project management, team members, and product analysts to design, plan, and develop enhancements in an agile environment
- Driving adherence to security, compliance directives and best-practices of CBRE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field such as information systems, mathematics, or computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Typically has 10+ years of relevant work experience. Consideration given to equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Overall 8+ years of Development experience and minimum 3 â 5 Years of experience in DevOps Area.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Unit test automation, Code coverage, Build and Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Minimum 3-4 years of Development experience
- Must be Hands-on technically and shall be able to code.
- Hands on experience on Automation/Build/Deploy tools such as Azure DevOps/Jenkins/ Kubernetes/Dockers
- Ability to create DevOps pipeline as code.
- Experience in using Version Control Tools like TFS, GitHub, Azure DevOps.
- Configured DevOps (CICD) complete pipeline for Web Applications, iOS and Android Mobile phones (Native Code/React Native/Hybrid ).
- Experience in using monitoring tools like app dynamics or similar tools
- Proficient in using cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure.
- Proficient in creating formation templates/Terraform to build infrastructure as code.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries.
- Understanding of Unit Test Cases writing and having good knowledge in Junit/NUnit/Mocha & Protractor
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans
Location/Region: Dallas, TX